Nothing looks good as perfectly applied makeup.
And to add the amusement is makeup that lasts longer.
This is what Airbrush makeup offers. So if you are planning for a big day like your wedding, always go the airbrush way.
Airbrush makeup might be perfect, but are there any downsides to it?
Can anyone apply airbrush makeup? Read on to find out what to expect with airbrush makeup.
Is airbrush makeup good for dry skin?
We are used to traditional makeup for our regular face beat.
However, on rare occasions like weddings is where we hire a makeup artist to do our airbrush makeup.
So if you are considering airbrush makeup but are unsure if it will work on your dry skin, keep reading this article.
So is airbrush makeup for dry skin?
Airbrush makeup provides a flawless moist finish. With fewer products, you will get perfect full coverage as per your preference.
But does it work the same for people with dry skin?
Applying any makeup on dry skin is one of the enormous injustices you can do to your skin.
Of course, this is not to mean if you have dry skin, you should not have a picture-perfect day.
As a makeup enthusiast with dry skin, I have made airbrush makeup work several times.
Below are a few tips you can put into action to get that perfect flawless makeup look for your big day.
Tips of Applying Airbrush Makeup on Dry Skin
As long as you know the day you want airbrush makeup done on you, there is enough time to prep.
However, there are some essential tips everyone who wants to use airbrush makeup should know.
- Is the makeup artist of your choice experienced?
Sadly, I have noticed a few people with flacked makeup at their weddings.
This gets worse if you have dry skin.
When shopping for an airbrush makeup artist, make sure they have done it before.
Here is how you can find out if your MUA is experienced in airbrush makeup application;
- Look through their social media accounts, especially Instagram.
Most people are advertising their work on social media. So if a makeup artist doesn’t have their work on social media, you should be skeptical.
- If you decide to visit their shop, ask for testimonials. There are pictures of their previous work. If you are satisfied with the images, then you can go ahead and book an appointment. If not, then try finding another airbrush makeup artist.
- Book for trial months or weeks before your big day. This will help eliminate any doubt you might have and test if the makeup looks good.
There is one reason why you should make sure the makeup is good. Experienced airbrush makeup artists know how to navigate the airbrush gun on any skin. They can also advise you on what to do to make your dry skin compatible with airbrush makeup.
- Create a skincare routine months before airbrush makeup application
Airbrush makeup is not ideal for dry skin. The makeup is sprayed on your skin in thin layers, which might be entering the skin pores.
However, airbrush makeup works well on hydrated skin.
Creates a skincare routine months before airbrush makeup application
Skin care routine will add extra moisture to your skin.
Your makeup artist can help you create a pattern that suits your skin well.
First, however, you can use this general routine.
- Use a cleanser: if you want an even tone skin and get rid of skin imperfections, get a good cleanser. Most cleansers act as exfoliators giving you two benefits at once.
- Moisturize: whether you have dry or oily skin, moisturizing should be a part of your everyday routine. Moisturizing hydrates your skin and clears most bacteria that thrive in dry skin.
- Massage your face: you don’t have to go to a spa to get a face massage after moisturizing watch this video to learn how to do proper mini-facial massages at home.
- Use sunscreen: sunscreen is a crucial step in taking care of your skin. When you are out in the sun, your skin loses a lot of moisture through sweating.
Unfortunately, the sun also damages your skin, making it look like it has scales.
Several brands sell good sunscreen.
Look for sunscreen with ceramides or hyaluronic acid. These ingredients hydrate your skin.
- Apply night cream: night cream is skin-friendly. It fights bacteria on the skin responsible for skin drying when there is interference. You should, however, know that most night creams have skin-whitening agents.
- Use vitamin E: vitamin E is responsible for healthy glowing skin. It also hydrates the skin giving you a youthful look.
If you frequently use the skincare routine above, your skin will significantly differ during airbrush makeup application.
Application of airbrush makeup for dry skin
Airbrush makeup for people with dry skin and oily skin differs slightly.
For example, you can use a water-based airbrush foundation on dry skin but not on oily skin. To make your airbrush come out ideally, then use these tips.
- A primer before airbrush makeup provides a protective layer between makeup and the skin. Avoid using silicone-based foundation. Silicon-based products have a high percentage of alcohol that dries the skin even more.
Mineral-based foundation or water-based will provide enough protection and are skin-friendly.
- Choose the correct type of foundation
Airbrush makeup does not use the regular evert day foundation. Instead, their specific type of foundation is made by adding pigments into the water, making it super light.
If you use the regular foundation, it will cause some harsh lines and will not spread evenly.
Make sure you get a foundation that matches your skin tone. The airbrush will look more natural even if you have dry skin. If you don’t get the correct type of foundation, always go one color light and one color dark and mix the two to get flawless coverage.
Use a few products to avoid clogging your pores.
For example, airbrush makeup looks perfectly applied in thin layers.
However, you cannot hide your skin dryness with loads of makeup on your face.
With a lot of product on your face, you get a clown, plastic look.
- Choose the right color of blush: blush completes the look making your makeup look natural. Choose blush one shade darker than your skin tone. Blush makes the cheekbones look snatched and hyper cute.
- Setting spray: Your traditional or airbrush makeup should be developed using a setting spray. This makes your makeup survive the crying, hugging, and laughter.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Should you Moisturize before makeup
Moisturizing is a process that should never be skipped when airbrushing your makeup.
Can you set airbrush makeup with a powder on dry skin
Airbrush makeup provides a moist finish. If you want your makeup to last longer, set it with powder.
How long does airbrush makeup last?
Airbrush makeup can last up to 10hrs.
Between traditional and airbrush makeup, which is the best for dry skin?
You can use either of the two to follow the correct process. However, airbrush makeup works better for your skin
You can still achieve a flawless airbrush makeup look even on dry skin.
Follow the guide above to customize a routine that will work for your skin before your big day.
You may also enjoy reading..
- Do Airbrush Makeup Cover Freckles, Moles, and Dark Spots?
- Does airbrush makeup work on older skin?
- Is airbrush makeup good for acne-prone skin?
- Airbrushes makeup for my skin type?